My wrecked version of Scudjuice’s Battle Buggy is complete. Some images going from 3D model to finished terrain piece:
The print settings I used could use a little tweaking because the layer lines stand out on this piece way more than normal. As I was working on it, I was already able to think of a few improvements that I’ll try the next time around, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
Not only printed, but painting on the buggy is mostly finished as well. I might touch it up a little bit, but the main thing that needs to be done now is the base. I’ve actually painted very few vehicles or even mechanical-type minis over the course of my painting career, so this one has been a learning experience as much as the creation of a new terrain piece. The airbrush was extremely useful in getting the red base coat applied in record time versus using a hand brush.
“Da red wunz go fasta!” Or, at least this one used to.
A couple of screen caps of one of the terrain pieces I’m currently working on:
If you want to print one yourself, you can find the original design here.
I altered the original model by changing its angle to something more appropriate to a wrecked vehicle, then sliced off the bottom so that it sits flat. Next, I added some additional texturing to simulate battle damage, added the base, and the Blood Angel model to help get the scale correct. I also sliced off the turret from the rest of the model and rotated it to give it more visual appeal.
More pics to follow, assuming it prints out ok. The nice thing is that even if some parts don’t come out exactly right, it’ll hopefully be easy to fudge them and make them look damaged.